People have become aware of the importance of buying fresh local produce. The demand for better quality and locally sourced meat is on the rise. This is because people have become more health conscious, they know that to eat right they must eat fresh. However, there are any people who aren’t really familiar with butcher shops. For them meat is simply something packaged in a Styrofoam tray to be picked at the local super market. However, there has been a steady rise in people returning to the old ways and small butcher shops set up across Rockhampton. There you can see butchers cutting up large chunks of meat right in front of your eyes. You can get different cuts of meat. You just need to know what exactly you are looking for. Not sure about that, your butcher might even guide you to find something which fulfils your culinary need. The following tips would help you find the right butcher in your area.
- The best thing a butcher shop can offer is transparency. You need someone who is open about where they source their meat from.
- You also need to make sure that the butcher gets their supplies of whole animal and not just parts of meat. You can’t be too sure how long a piece of meat has been sitting on that shelf.
- Find a butcher willing to talk to you. They should be able to help you find the right cuts of meat. Also keep yourself open to suggestions. There are certain cuts which re more economical and also add more flavour to your cooking. Getting advice from your butcher can help you more.
- Keep in mind that meat doesn’t necessarily have to be exotic to taste good. Try something with more simple cuts first. Getting fresh ground beef, chicken breasts and simple sausages from a butcher could easily get you hooked because everything tastes so much better.
- If you are planning a special event where you want to serve meat, let your butcher know about it. Sometimes people focus too much on the recipe. However a good butcher can suggest you cuts which would be ample for everyone and also make up for some great tasting food.
- Though butcher shops might have become trendier because of the sudden interest in bacon or gourmet charcuterie, these are just as good for other simple cuts of meat. Yu don’t have to depend on exotic stuff to tantalise your taste buds. Simple meat when cooked with care can taste just as delicious and sometimes even better.
- When searching for a butcher in your area make sure you ask around. Do you see customers who come there regularly? This is actually a good sign. Butcher o as a loyal clientele would be serving them great stuff. So it’s an indication that you would get the best quality meat as well.
For more information on butchers in Rockhampton, check out the meat cuts available at Boodles Meat Packs.