If you go to Hervey Bay during July-November (and you really should visit) your in luck because it is whale season! These beautiful mammals migrate from Antarctica to the warm waters of Hervey Bay. The most popular whale you can see at Hervey Bay is the Migaloo, the all-white humpback whale.
Paddle Out for Whales
On Sunday, August 19th, from 12pm-4pm To raise awareness about the whales and the marine environment, Hervey Bay has an event called “Paddle Out for Whales” to welcome the whales when they arrive and to have a moment of silence to understand how important the ocean and whales are all over the world. Every year hundreds of people travel to Hervey Bay for “Paddle Out for Whales” event, on will float out in the bay on boats, surfboards, and kayaks.
Whale watching in Hervey Bay has become a very popular event for tourists and residents of Queensland. The whales have made Hervey Bay there own personal playground to relax, breed, and mothers teach their young calves survival skills. We will take you to the exact spot where the whales are. You will most likely see the whales tail-slapping, breaching, pectoral slapping, and spy-hopping. You will absolutely love every moment of whale watching and being able to get close with the whales in their own environment, it will indeed be a moment you will never forget. When you decide on any Hervey Bay whale watching tours some offers to consider may include:
- Over 30+ years experience with marine mammals
- Personal and high-quality service from the crew
- Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and complimentary beverage
- Courtesy bus available
- Fully licensed
- Eco-friendly modern-day sailing boats
- A maximum of 24 passengers on the ship so it’s not crowded, and you will be able to have a great view.
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Delicious full buffet lunch
- Complimentary beverage (beer, wine or soft drink)
- Courtesy pick-up and drop-off bus
- Hydrophone so you can listen to the whales singing
- We have an in-water platform for an even closer whale experience
- Free WiFi on board
- High-quality service from crew members
- For children ages 8+ and up